Monday, July 14, 2008

Sex and the Countryside

So what if I didn't get to see the film Sex and the City, or rather chose not to, I got to see a lot of sex in the countryside.
I've read the book - more out of curiosity for it's censorship than any other reason - yet I wasn't prepared for the visual version of it. The sex scenes were done well. There were so many of them that it almost became mundane, yet there was a lot of variety in terms of angels and positions, I mean of the camera of course ;) The funniest was when this security guard person ran across the screen in between, and the audience finally found an outlet for all the sexual tension in the theatre and burst out laughing!

Today I saw Amar Kanwar's The Lightning Testimonies, and I wasn't disappointed at all. It was so very well made considering the mammoth of an issue that he was dealing with. And he was so awesome when he spoke after the film. I would give my left arm and leg for that kind of wisdom and clarity!

Then there was Johnny Gaddar. It was a late night show, and my traitor of a friend ditched me. So I decided to watch some of it, be a good girl and head back to mommy who would loose sleep otherwise. Turns out that mommy had a wedding to go to, and the film was the kind you just don't leave mid-way. The funniest part in this one was that every single English dialogue, or even word that poor Dharmendra would speak, the audience would crack up. Even though out of respect I didn't want to laugh, and then I just had to, I kept wondering why anyone would give him such lines, when the same thing in Hindi would sound just fine. Maybe the humor was intentional - which makes me the foolish one :(

Let me go back to sulking mode for my absconding soulmate. This is so unlike him, and I'm beyond worrying, but it will be a month tomorrow since we last communicated. Feels like much longer.

Have to end on a cheerer note. Here it is...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Shall try and get hold of a dvd, if its available. Seems like an interesting movie.

Perakath said...

Hey! I would have loved to see a film full of angles and positions :)

surbhi said...

Piper - I'm assuming you're talking about Lady Chatterley :) It should be available - it was in French, made two years back by Pascale Ferran.

Aditya - Yeah, sorry, I forgot abt you! But it was a three hour long film, a late night show on a weeknight! Will call you if there's any more films with angles and positions ;)