Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Its something that happens quite regularly yet it hasn't seized to surprise me. It is amazing how universal Hollywood stories can be for them to be so easily transformed into Bollywood stories even with a gap of almost half a century between them. Here is the oscar winning "The Apartment" (1960) which has an uncanny resemblance to the plot of "Life in a Metro" (2007). How stupid are we Indians?!?


In other news, my new year's eve plan seems further away by the minute. This is the view from my window right now and the snow shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. Driving upto to Niagara Falls (Canadian side) doesn't seem like such a good idea. 

















Also, I haven't slept all night, which is not bad if you take into consideration my waking up at 6:30PM yesterday (30th), and it's only 9:20AM on the 31st right now. I still hope the weather clears up in a few hours, otherwise my backup plan is a drag show in downtown. Sounds like fun but I was sort of hoping to catch Disney's Beauty and the Beast musical and Ripley's Believe it or not Museum in Niagara, Ontario, along with a free concert and fireworks at midnight! 

I really don't care about having a special new year's eve. I don't get why people think being in a special place will make their evening or the coming year any more special. I would be happy enough spending the night in bed watching movies and having a glass of wine with my roomie. No, I'm not trying to make myself feel better because everyone I know has a plan for tonight. I honestly don't care. I might even go to school and get some work done - haha. No seriously, there is a lot of cleaning up to do around the house, and I need to cure my jet lag, and buy stuff (since my sis took everything I owned!! - haha, I'm kidding, but it's still sort of true ;)), and cook something nice for a change, and do my homework, and walk around and enjoy the snow instead of cursing it, and get to know the local drag queens. What do you say? The gorgeous Niagara with all it's beauty and excitement, or the snowy, peaceful shit hole that is my home? What will it be? What do you care any way - you are probably out right now getting drunk as we speak since it's 11PM in India - and by the time you get over your hang over and get around to reading this, the decision would have been made already by mother fucking nature :)

Anyway, have a happy 2009 and all that. 2008 was quite horrible for me, despite it adding up to my lucky number. I don't have any expectations from 2009. Hope you all do..

No comments: