Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm here! In this beautiful part of the world. It's so different and picturesque, I feel like my words will not do it any justice. Will post pics soon...as soon as I start using my camera! 


So yesterday when I arrived, it was really lovely and warm. Today was rainy all day. The apartment is really awesome. I'm sharing it with E and N. Our bathroom looks like a beach! 

I shall not bore you with words that don't even come close to the breathtaking world that this is. The next 10 weeks will be all about war. My project here is most probably about the war that happened here in the 90's, and my thesis is about The People's War in Nepal. I have so much shit to read - books on the history of Dubrovnik (that's the city I'm in), the Croatian War, Maoism, a personal account of the Russian revolution, Naxalism in India - all this while I'm here!

Have to go home now - no internet at home :(
Okay bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time now..and i cant believe you are in Croatia!! That must be soo exciting!

Please update us more! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey twiddlythumbs!
Thanks for commenting!
I've been thinking of updating the blog but seemed like no one was reading..
Will update soon with loads of exciting details and pics from lovely Dubrovnik :)

Piper .. said...

heyyy i`m back after a long gap.. Family troubles. Anyway, so glad you`re having fun. Post some pics if you can.